ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Thompson Elementary School
- Ride changes need to be made before 2:00 PM each day. No ride changes will be made after 2:00 PM. Thank you!
Below you will find procedures for our arrival and dismissal for car riders for the 2016-2017 school year. Please keep in mind the following procedures:
- Our school start time is 7:40 am. Students should be in their seats and ready for instruction at 7:40 am.
- After 7:40, all students must enter the school through the front office. Students will then pick up a tardy pass and proceed to class.
- For your child’s safety, no students are allowed to be at school before 7:20 am unsupervised.
- Ride Changes must be requested prior to 2:00 pm.
- There will be no early dismissal after 2:30 pm. This is due to an increase in the amount of traffic and for the safety of your child.
- The doors will be open at 7:20 am and breakfast is served from 7:20 – 7:35 am.
- All students will be allowed to walk to class starting at 7:20 am.
- Students need to arrive early, so they can be in class and ready for instruction at 7:40 am.
The front driveway is for drop off in the mornings. School personnel will be at the front of the school to assist students as needed to get out of their car. Parents should stay in single line. Students should be ready to exit the car on the curb side upon arrival in the front.
- All car riders will be picked up in the back of the school.
- There will be two lines of cars for back of the school dismissal. Teachers will be supervising students’ departure.
- Please have your car visor identification sign easily visible for staff to see (on back of this form).
- Each child will receive a car visor identification sign at “Meet the Teacher Night” that details the child's name and grade. This sign must be visible in the
car visor as you pull into the loading zones. Visibility of the sign will assist us in providing a quick, safe and smooth process.
Change in Transportation
** A written note must be sent to your child's homeroom teacher in order for us to change your child's usual afternoon transportation home.
** For emergency dismissal changes, notify the front office at 817-698-3800 by 2:00 pm if your child’s usual afternoon dismissal has changed. The front office will direct you how to make this change. All ride changes must be in writing.
**No dismissal changes will be accepted after 2:00 pm. If you are checking your child out of school early (early dismissal), please check him/her out before 2:30 pm. No early dismissals after 2:30 pm.
Thank you for your help in following these procedures so we can provide a safe environment for all children.